ConCodeSe (Contextual Code Search Engine) is a tool to search and rank source code files against defect (i.e. bug) descriptions of an application.
Bug localization is a core programming comprehension task in software maintenance: given the observation of a bug, e.g. via a bug report or a faulty execution trace, where is it located in the source code?
Developers spend 60-80% of their time on code search. Our algorithm built into our tool reduces this time by 40% and results in savings of up to one-third of the time to production. For example:
- 3 days to fix a bug, more than 1 day of savings
- 3 x 8hrs = 24hrs – 43% = 10 hours >= 1 day (8hrs)
The above savings also emotionally benefit the developers, such as:
- Less frustration and confusion
- More time to focus on new development
- Short learning curve comprehending unfamiliar applications
Go ahead and browse through the categories and download selected items…